2020 Debutante Program
Chesterfield Alumnae Chapter
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated
The Debutante Program
The Chesterfield Alumnae Chapter’s Debutante Program is designed to help ease the high school senior’s transition from high school to young adulthood and prepare them for collegiate life. It provides exposure to many facets of community involvement and public service, promotes healthy self-image, cultural awareness, academic excellence, and balanced relationships between the debutante, her family, friends and members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, and lays the foundation for them to become productive citizens.
The program also serves as a major fund-raiser for Chesterfield Alumnae Chapter that culminates with the presentation of the young ladies into society in a formal setting known as a Debutante “Cotillion” or “Ball”. Funds raised from the Ball and related activities will be used for college scholarships to Debutantes and other deserving students.
High School seniors that possess high standards, are involved in high school and community activities, and have a grade point average of 2.5 or better are eligible to participate.
- There is a one-time activity/registration fee of $500 that covers each activity the Debutante participates in during the program and other Ball-related costs. This fee is non-refundable.
- The activity/registration fee is due at the Debutante/Parent orientation meeting. (Orientation is scheduled for September 2019).
- Each Debutante must raise a minimum of $750 in the form of patrons, sponsors and ads for the Souvenir Book; the activity/registration fee does not count toward this effort.
- The activity/registration fee must be paid by Cash, a Cashier’s Check, or Money Order made payable to: “CAC”.
- The Debutante must participate in at least three-fourths of the planned Debutante activities and rehearsals unless excused; activities are limited to one to two per month to prevent hardship on the schedules of the Debutantes. A calendar with designated dates will be provided at Debutante Orientation.
- The application deadline has been extended to August 23, 2019
- If you have questions, contact Joni Hicks at 804-920-0630